7/24/14

Rooms and Gardens in Santa Barbara

Hello there!
It's been a long time since I've written a post. Thank you to all my blog friends who helped keep TG alive during my time off.
I appreciate all of you so much!
As far as an update goes.. my dad is on Hospice and is very ill.
Its been very difficult..

In spite of this difficult time, there has been much to rejoice about.
 My daughter is due with her first child in 2 weeks, and my son is expecting their second daughter!


I recently went up to Santa Barbara to celebrate a girlfriends birthday, and of course, we had to stop by my favorite store, Rooms and Gardens. It has a beach-ie California feel that I love

We walked in and my girlfriend said, "Julie! It's like we walked into your home!"
 Of course I took this as a major compliment!
 I could buy everything in this store.

I want to put these chairs in my family room. Aren't the nail heads a great detail?








I would love to know who manufactured this table!









Loved all the blue and white pottery!





In the midst of all the blues and whites, this floral linen chair stood out...it was adorable!

I would like to thank you all again for your patience in my absence.
Under the circumstances I will be having some more guests posts.

Hope you all have a wonderful upcoming weekend and thank you again!


13 comments:

  1. Julie,
    What a pretty store, I do see a lot of your style in the furnishings here.
    More importantly, I'm so sorry your dad is so ill. I wish you and your family the best. Congratulations on your new grand babies...the circle of life.
    Xo,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie,
    My thoughts are with you in good times and bad. Hang in there...
    On another note, I'm not sure how I missed this store! It's fabulous!
    I'll be stopping in next time in SB.
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, So nice to see you here today and such a lovely post. I've been to that store and absolutely loved it. All that blue and white - just heavenly.

    My thoughts go out to you. My parents have been struggling the past two years and it's been a difficult journey for all of us, so I know how tough it can be.

    Take good care. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so, so sorry Julie. You know I just went through this, too, with my mom - it is the hardest thing and I am thinking of you. I wish I could say it gets easier. You are in my prayers
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie, I am so sorry you are going through this, my thoughts are with you.
    I will keep your family in my prayers!

    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful shop! So sorry to hear about your father, we are in the exact same situation with my father in law. I know what you must be going through. I hope it is as easy (not the right word, but you know what I mean) as it can be. Be good to yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stay strong. It is so stressful to help a loved one on hospice. Take a little time every day to do something that you love.
    Home and Gardens is also a great favorite of mine. We call it "the chicken shop" and always visit the poultry in back. I would love to have a major shopping spree there. The style is so comfortable and laid back. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a dreamy store! Im so sorry about your father Julie, and keep you all in my prayers. Hospice was the best experience for my dad and me-they really helped us through it. Congrats on the new babies, how exciting! The circle of life really does ground us. God bless. xo Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. this visit had to help your spirits..it was wonderful to see. blessings to your family and in the reality of the coming and going of life as we know it to be.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that place! I am heading to SB in a couple of weeks can't wait to stop in. Let me know if you need any more help!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice pieces of furniture! And the colors are wonderful! -Patrick Tan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi you precious girl! I hope you remember me! You visited me; and wrote the most lovely post !!

    The name of the store is "Rooms and Gardens"; I only correct you because they have a website!! they have wonderful things; and even chickens in the back outside! They also carry "Kathryn Ireland" fabrics; also "Dash and Albert Rugs"; they have a wonderful line of upholstered furniture....and also reproduction furniture! They are fabulous; and have another store on Montana in Santa Monica; and they are the NICEST people to work with~!

    Bravo!
    Next time you come; please visit again! We realized it was insane to sell our house.....(I will write a blog post on that)!! We are here in Paradise.....(lining our pond which completely dried up); and hatching baby chicks! My new assistant knows how to blog!

    More coming!!!!

    I give you my great love for your DAD.....and Thank God for people who do hospice. We Americans are not good at death (as if it isn't happening to ALL of us??) Hospice are great people......they teach us all....Thank God for them. I cannot say enough!!!

    Love you you , you darling!!2

    thank you again for your lovely post on me and our house!!

    XXOO

    ReplyDelete

One Kings Lanes

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...