7/10/14

Lucite...Simple Details...

Hi everyone, 
I'm Pam from Simple Details
I share DIY and design projects and
have a love for combining my thrifting and Craigslist finds in my decor.

I'm am happy to be here for Julie while she's with her parents. She's such a
sweetheart and my heart aches for her and all the challenges she's been facing with
her aging parents, they're so fortunate to have her.

I found myself analyzing all of these rooms, and finally noticed the subtle common
denominator that I love!

It's a statement, but in an unexpected quiet way.
I love the modern edge in traditional rooms, contrast with antique pieces,
simplicity, visually weightless and stylish function!

Lucite ghost chair against an antique column...






chicagohomemag.com

Simple lucite table amid busy surroundings...





 stylemepretty.com 

Lucite coffee table between lovely layers of 

texture...






(laurenliess.com)

 Lucite chair enhances the serene design... 







(apartmenttherapy.com)

Functional lucite nightstand in front of built in...







(stacystyle.wordpress.com)

Pair of lucite tables in a room of symmetry...





(traditionalhome.com)

Lucite chairs add edge to a traditional room...






(gardenandgun.com)

What do you think, need one or not so much?



I'd love you to stop by and visit me at Simple Details when you have a chance.

Thank you for having me Julie, you and your family are in my prayers.









16 comments:

  1. Pam I love all these!! So nice of you to post for Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam, I love the inspiration pictures. Our local Home Goods has had several lucite "ghost" chairs lately. Your pictures now make me want to pick one up and find a home for it somewhere. My heart and prayers go out to Julie. I can totally relate as both of my grandmothers had suffered from this disease. And, my mother was the care taker for her mother. It can be very draining!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First off a big hug to Julie and we send her much strength through this hard time. SHe picked a great guest!! I too love lucite and love to see a glimpse of it in any room! Love your picks here as usual!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pam I do love the element of a lucite piece amidst antiques and more traditional pieces, a great mix!

    Giving Julie our thoughts and prayers.
    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post Pam. I like lucite boxed vintage art. It's really kind of you to fill in for Julie. My thoughts are with her.
    XO
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for a new take on something I hadn't previously considered. And best thoughts to Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't usually like lucite but these images could make me a believer. Thanks for introducing new ways to use this popular trend.
    Best wishes to Julie,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have three lucite chairs (only one is the real thing, the others are copies), and they make me happy every time I se them. I SO want a lucite table. All my best to Julie. It is very difficult and my heart breaks for her. xo
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  9. My friend has had the ghost chairs for years in her kitchen and they can be taken outside too. They are versatile...but not the most comfortable...look cool though. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julie, This is a wonderful post from Pam! I like the Lucite side tables ~ and they can mix/match with just about any look. I'm planning to add a piece or too as I decorate the new house. We all need a little Lucite! Hope you are enjoying your summer. I've been hit and miss with blogging. The house construction and my work is zapping all my time and energy..

    xxleslie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love lucite and have them in my traditional dining room too! The examples here are all so fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow!! Inspiration Ideas are here for home improvement...Pam really i like this post to be so helpful...

    Thanks
    Aasif Interior Designer In meerut

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous guest post, Pam! You've shown how wonderful and versatile lucite can be. And cool, as well! Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Interesting details in your post according to interior designing, can you convert in mobile versions to use Mobile application development?

    ReplyDelete
  16. we are offer quality interior designing services based in delhi prvide full finish home and office decoration service in south delhi, gurgoan

    ReplyDelete

One Kings Lanes

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...