7/19/12

Gathering Design Ideas

Katheryn Dixon

When we put a design plan together, we gather ideas and start the process. A fabric or a rug has to spark an idea. We gather inspirations to help unfold the process and to be able to show the client.







Decor Pad

We are working on a design plan for a client. We sketched out some ideas and also showed her ideas that we put together digitally.








Martha O' Hara
We are using colors that are similar to these. A taupe, gray paint color on the walls and the furniture will be in a ivory linen fabric. 









Walker Hunter

Throw pillows in green and gray tones.




The sofa is going to have look like this.






This is the coffee table we will be using. 






Katheryn Dixon

We would love to use this paneling idea in the entry.









Martha O' Hara

   The home owners request was to keep it light, but keeping the carpet and the painted walls the same taupe color. One of our challenges is to give the design impact, but keep it light. We wish we could replace the carpet for wood floors. It would make the biggest impact.

Did we mention that it is a very small space?

 Hum, a designers challenge, what will we do?







Danni had a great time in Catalina and we had a fabulous time in Arizona. 
It was pretty intense during the competition. The first day Mike skated really well and had a high score. He came in 8th, but they only took the top six skaters. The 2nd day they gave the top 6, who didn't make it into the competition another chance. They took 2 skaters with  the highest scores and they went on to compete with the other six. 
  Is this confusing?
 I am not sure why they just don't take the top 8 and be done with it! Well.... in other words, he didn't make it. 

 He got so much publicity and we are so proud of him. He gave his skateboard to a little girl who must of been around 8 years old. 
 She was tickled pink.



Thanks for stopping by, Julie and Danni




22 comments:

  1. Your thought process is so interesting...I agree about the wood floors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since it's a small room it makes sense to keep it light but why keep carpet? The wood floors would make it feel bigger and if using an area rug would give it more dimension. Sounds like you have a job ahead of yourselves. Glad you two had fun and congratulations to Danni's son. I've seen those competitions and they don't look easy.

    XX
    Debra~

    ReplyDelete
  3. First a big congrats to your son....well done!! How exciting for him (and you)! Love the direction you are going in and like the idea of keeping things monochromatic, maybe adding pops of color through the pillows or small accessories or a lamp/art? Lighting will be key too......like the idea of a dark wood floor and have always been drawn to that light taupey/greige palette....beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's what I love about blogging...I have put so many ideas together from (your) photos...it helps so much to have a visual

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on his try!! I know that you are proud!
    Y'all just show the most gorgeous images. I love that I know you will show something I love, because our tastes are alike!
    Have a great weekend, Julie and Danni.
    Teresa
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of those inspirations...the first several examples have the neutral palette that I love and then all of those great pillow combinations - endless possibilities. :) To me the biggest challenge of design isn't the ideas (thanks to blogs like yours I have plenty of inspiration :)) but rather the constraints of existing pieces (or carpet!) and/or budget...but I guess that's what makes it interesting too. Good luck - I'm sure it will turn out great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the color palette! And what an awesome experience for Danni's son.

    xo
    Quiet Luxury


    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the direction you are taking your client. Keep us posted on Mikey's progress! xo Kathysue

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bet the room will be gorgeous. Don't understand why they don't want hardwoods.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Image those images are great for gathering ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like it is going to be a beautiful design. Hope you have a wonderful weekend! Congrats to Mikey!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You must be so proud of your son, Julie! He sounds like an awesome young man. I'm happy to hear Danni, that you had a good time in Catalina. Hopefully, this vacation is just the start of many new wonderful adventures in your life!

    I love the light, neutral color palette for you client's living room. The touch of green will be lovely. Is your client willing to layer an area rug on top of her wall to wall carpeting? At least, this will allow you an opportunity to add some pattern and define the space.

    Beautiful choices... I love the sofa and coffee table!

    Have a wonderful day, ladies!

    ~ Wendi ~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well first....a HUGE congrats to your son! I didn't know you had a celebrity on your hands or a son that old! Adorable.

    Second, love love love your design inspiration. I agree on the carpet thing but understand too budget constraints. I know you two will make it lovely and cannot wait to see what you end up doing.

    Have a super duper weekend!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I still think your son did pretty well, congrats to him.

    Wonderful inspirations. I really like the white sofa you picked. It has really classic beautiful lines. Hopefully, you can share the completed design with us soon.

    Enjoy your weekend, ladies!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful design plan, girls. Love the fresh, light look. Congrats to your son!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The inspiration rooms a re beautiful - my favorite style. I'm sure it will come out great! I'm sorry your son didn't make it further, but he certainly made it further than almost everyone else!! I'm sure you are very proud :)
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats to Mike! How cool that he gave his skate board to a young fan. That is awesome!! Way to go :-)

    Good luck on your design plan....thanks for sharing. I love small spaces.
    xoxo,
    Loi

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations to your son!
    It's fun to hear the process. I like the plan and I hope you can share some of the final results. I just painted my family room a taupe-gray color. I love it.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am sure it will be a great space - such wonderful ideas, love the paneling.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I know you will do an incredible job for your clients...love all of your inspiration. Congratulations to Mike...had to be a fun time for all.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like the color contrast between the sofa and the yellow cushion. And also, the tables and sofa.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the pop of color from the pillow, flowers and stools! So beautiful and those Stars!

    ReplyDelete

One Kings Lanes

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...