8/28/12

A Wonderful Day in Montecito and Summerland


I  drove up the coast to Summerland and Montecito to do a little antiquing with my friend, Shelly.

 We had a blast!

 We had a special treat and visited a beautiful Houston designer who gave us a tour of her newly renovated home in Montecito...

It was gorgeous....Yes, just pinch me!


I will share with you in a later post who this delightful, talented designer is......


 I know I am being a little bit of a brat! 




In  Montecito we visited William Laman Home, Garden and Antiques. They had great pieces and they were artistically displayed.
Simple, but elegant.

 I loved this light blue cabinet and the bamboo style chair. 

 They had sea grass carpet through out the store with white wood on the walls. 

 How can you go wrong!

 One of our favorite styles. 


































One of our favorite stores to visit in Summerland is the  Rue De Lillie Antiques. 
We have shown you images from their store before, here.







They always have creative displays. 






















 

 








Its always fun to get away with friends and have a special day. Learning to balance family, friends, clients and life is always a challenge. 
We finished up with a few projects and are taking some time to get our own homes in order.
 Boy, that is always a challenge for me.
 I have so many ideas and not enough time to implement them.
 Does that happen to you? 
I wish there were two of me. One of me would tell the other one what to do!

 Danni is taking a little break and spending time with family. She is having fun living near her daughter. She has been able to have dinners with them and she appreciates that time. Going through a divorce, family is what has helped her through this passage of her life.
She is still  unpacking boxes and getting settled in.
 She will be back soon......
We would love to here from you!

 Thanks for visiting, Julie and Danni






23 comments:

  1. I haven't been don't to SB in ages. I love Rue de Lillie. They always have interesting goodies don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like an awesome shop, Montecito is a beautiful area. Enjoy this last week of summer with family and friends:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I could linger long in this place

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree - this definitely looks like a lovely place to linger! What a fun day and looking forward to hearing more about this mystery designer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful images Julie! Can't wait to hear who the designer is. Danni, if you're reading, I hope you have a wonderful tie off enjoying your family!
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie,
    What an ideal summer fun-day. I love that area and haven't been in ages...maybe this fall. You always show us such great places to visit. Love the little vignettes of pretty items in your post.
    Best to Danni. Enjoy your Labor Day weekend.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun day, just my style! Yes, I have more ideas than I have energy or money, that's for sure.
    Nancy
    Powellbrowerhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun day! I would have been in heaven in those shops! If I'm ever up that way I will definitely have to check them out! So glad you shared them with us! Can't wait to hear about the designer as well! Hope you are having a great week so far!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My old stomping grounds! Beautiful area filled with fun shops and restauranr. Glad you had a wonderful time!
    Wish I got visit more often ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooh What a bunch of eye candy and a fun day with a good friend, it does not get any better than that. We woman have to multi-task so two of us would be nice but an even half dozen would be even better sometimes,
    Happy Wednesday,
    Kathysue

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now that looks like some fun shopping!!
    happy weekend to you both,
    joan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Julie and Danni-
    Take all the time you need. I fully understand how we get bogged down in life. Have just experienced it myself.
    These images are beautiful. Pinning!
    Have a great weekend.
    Teresa
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Julie and Dannie. So glad that you are going to take some time for yourselves and your own homes. I hope to find some time at some point to do that myself. I feel like things are getting to be such a mess because we go nonstop. Can't wait to see your surprise home. From Houston? I know it will be good. XO Mona

    ReplyDelete
  14. Is that where Oprah lives?????
    I wish someone would tell me what to do also....but then I would probably argue with them:)
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nothing beats antiquing with a good friend! And totally agree about finding it difficult to get things done in my own home. So many projects - so little time and budget!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Montecito is so great - what a treat! And nice to take some time off to do a few things for yourself. It always feels great to have time to do a few things around my house after taking care of everyone else's. I wish there were two of me too... sometimes it is just nice to be able to run ideas by another person! I envy the two of you working together ... that must be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like you visited a few really wonderful shops. I do love a casual day antiquing/junking with a pal too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love! Love! Love! Is it wrong to want to live with all that eye candy around? It is so the opposite of what I do for a living. Staging is all about simplicity and I adore layering wonderful accessories. Thanks for taking me along on your antique shopping. It is great you are giving much deserved attention to yourself. And, as Sherri said, "I envy the two of you working together".

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful images ... thank you!! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and commenting too! One year down ... hopefully bigger and better this next year! I look forward to following you!! My Mother always told me that unless my own "house was in order" I wouldn't be as effective for others. I am sooo working on it! I hope you get alot done for yourself! xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. This seems like a great store, love the vignettes and styling! That stunning mirror in the second picture definitely caught my eye!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I’m not that much of
    a internet reader to be honest but your blogs really nice,
    keep it up! I'll go
    ahead and bookmark your site to come back later. All the best
    Here is my web blog :: DUI attorney

    ReplyDelete

One Kings Lanes

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...