5/18/15

Segreto Finishing


When I went to Round Top I had the privilege of meeting Leslie Sinclair, the owner of Segreto Finishes. I now have two of her books that I love! There filled with timeless designs and ideas.
She works with some of the top designers in Texas. The images I'm posting are from her new book.




Leslie owns a Faux finishing business which she started in 1995 after her third child was born. It started as a hobby and grew into a part time venture, but the company kept growing. For Leslie to be able to work at her hobby as a career was really exciting and fun for her! 






The faux finish in this bathroom is subtle and beautiful.  That's what I love about her work!
















Look how pretty the walls look in this entryway..






















This is her newest book.







She has another book, Segreto Vignettes coming out Sept 2015.

 And yes, I do want to get it! 



The first 17 years she operated her business out of her home so she could see her kids in the morning, be there for lunch in the summer and see them after school. Her staff and her clients grew up with her family and Visa Versa. She said her sweet husband was so patient. But, after 17 years she purchased two small 1950's homes  close to her home and moved Segreto there.





Every room has her work displayed..from the walls to the flooring! 
















































I love both of her books, but this is my favorite so far! I can't wait until her next book comes out in Sept!





Leslie has been renovating her own home for the last 15 months. She says, " I practice what I preach, no one loves finishes, or design more than me." It will be fun to see her home when shes done!  To see the before pictures of her office go here. To order her books go here and here


Here is her Bio!

The world of decorative painting is limitless, ever-changing and richly complex. Finishes for walls, ceilings, floors and cabinetry are crucial to the embodiment of a home’s character. Segreto Finishes’ niche in the world of design motivates owner Leslie Sinclair to constantly explore new techniques and finishes that appeal to a vast multitude of styles and personal tastes.
Leslie lives by the philosophy that upon entering a room, your eyes should not draw a distinction to one element or finish but should see the surroundings as a whole. By developing a palette that complements a home’s architecture and design, surroundings are given a new perspective.
Graduating from the University of Texas with a business degree, Leslie, mother of three, left her corporate job in 1995 to start Segreto Finishes, naming the company after her husband’s family. Segreto, which means secret in Italian, rolls up all of Leslie’s passions — architecture, interior design, art, people and business– into her idea of the perfect job. Leslie’s talent for color, bringing innovative products to Houston, hiring and training a quality staff and working with people on their individual needs, built Segreto’s reputation.

Thanks for stopping by!
Julie







10 comments:

  1. I use to do decorative finishing and have long been a fan of Segreto! I give her such credit for keeping the art current yet classic and elegant! She has staying power!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can hardly wait for her new book....she is so incredibly talented. I cannot believe the interiors she transforms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so sweet to post such a wonderful blog on Segreto!!! I absolutely love what I do and I so hope it shows in my work! To beautiful homes!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to meet Leslie - you're so lucky!! She is one talented lady!
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Leslie's books and can't wait until the next one comes out! She is so talented and has such great style. Her business has progressed with the times. So many faux finishers are stuck in the 90's not Leslie!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. how fun to have met leslie, she is such a talent! loved the back story of her business starting from a passion. have the first book and looks like i need the second and a third?!?! how does she do it?
    xodebra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julie,
    What beautiful work Segreto accomplishes. I've seen many features on her company and the work they do. I love some of the design elements and her finish always makes the room all that it can be design wise.
    How nice to meet her.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are obsessed with her work, and not only is she talented but she is just the nicest!! I could just move in every room!! Happy almost weekend ~

    ReplyDelete

One Kings Lanes

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...