11/6/11

Decor with A Mix of New and Old, with a little blue.

We love a mix of old and new. We feel it creates interest in any room and style.  For us, there is a comfort to this style. My daughter is getting married in January.  As she is getting ready for a new season in her life, so am I.  Looking throughout my home and remembering the things that were passed down from generation to generation.  My grandmothers china, silver, and the old furs that are in the closet.  As we reflect back on the seasons in our life, the most important thing to us is our love of family and friends.











This dinning room has a flare of old and new.
Its white washed brick gives the room character. The chandelier is contemporary with a hint of tradition. 












As my daughter is entering this new season, leaving behind an old life and embarking on her new future, families will be blending together and new traditions will be created.














A romantic chandelier with a touch of blue. The bride wears a touch of blue to represent fidelity and loyalty.













Something new represents their hope for the future.













As the new couple collects treasures to build their new life, they will discover their own style....  a collection of new and old traditions.













New, old, something blue and something borrowed. There is something comforting about tradition. Danni and I have many traditions that we have passed down to our children.  Is there a tradition that your family has passed down that you hold close to your heart?  Or is there a new tradition that you will pass down to your children?  We would love to hear about them.









source
,House BeautifulProvidenc ltd Design , .jjlocations ,   Thea Beasley 

Check out Mona and her sisters blog, Providence ltd Design. They just recently finished designing a home. The dinning room eating areas we featured above. They are also featured in .At Home Arkansas. Congratulations girls...

18 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for including our work. This is a beautiful post and very fun to be included. Mona

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful post accompanied by beautiful pictures. Lovely inspiration for a Monday morning! x Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congraatulations on your daughter getting married! Love the first image but the room of Mona's from AT Home is stunning! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sentiment behind this post, and you've included lovely images to support your message.
    Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful choice of rooms! Love the first image especially.
    Have a nice Monday.
    Teresa
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to your daughter! I loved all these images. Mona is such a talent!

    all my best,
    joan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, me again. I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy your blog and have now added you to my sidebar. x Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Exciting times for you and your daughter. Our son is getting married next summer and Mom and Dad are approaching it somewhat wistfully. You hit the nail on the head - the closing of one chapter and the beginning of another.

    Time will tell as to what traditions carry over to the next generation. I hope Drew plays the same trick on his kids that I played on him and my Dad played on us kids one Christmas as we were approaching the age of questioning the existence of Santa Claus. After we were all asleep, he took his LLBean boots, covered them in ashes from the fireplace, walked from the fireplace to the Christmas tree and back to the fireplace. We were totally fooled, as was our son Drew when I did it to him!

    Cheers,
    John

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an exciting time in your lives. My oldest is 19 and is stepping out of the nest a little at a time! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving such lovely comments. So happy to find you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. congratulations to your daughter and her upcoming marriage..and to you to as you segue into another phase of your life...lovely interiors...love Providence Ltd Design's gorgeous dining room, btw..
    best,
    maureen

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an exciting time. Congratulations to you and your daughter. Love these images and it's so nice for you to feature Mona and their fabulous work at Providence Ltd. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Congrats to your daughter! I have a 5 y/o daughter and I can just imagine one day being part of these important moments of her life. It should feel surreal.

    I love your post! Simply gorgeous.


    Have a blessed day!

    xo

    Luciane at HomeBunch.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so sweet...I have found myself getting more and more in to the decorating with things you love and mean something rather than just what looks pretty...these are some great examples...good luck with the wedding and congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations to you and your daughter. Exciting times ahead. Love the first and fifth images, by the way! Both are so beautiful and eclectic.

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a sweet and thoughtful post. These images are just stunning. The lighting is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  16. All of these lovely images were so inspirational. I could move right in to any of those rooms.

    My best wishes to the happy couple.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations! So exciting! I agree with you about old and new- nothing makes a room more interesting that the combination of both. Lovely images, as always!
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the all white armoire, how beautiful all white is. Why don't I have something all white? Hmmmm......

    My daughter got married 2 years ago and just moved into a new home. I think I enjoy watching her start her life and make decorating decisions more than I enjoy my own.

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete

One Kings Lanes

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...